Friday, January 13, 2012

Mock ups and flossing samples......

The new 'Dita' style corset is coming along nicely, I've made my first basic mock up for Ruby Ruin......


It's just a basic shell, but it's great getting to this stage because once it's made up I feel more confidence with my drafted pattern and can gage what adjustments I may need (also another collar mockup).


My next move in this case will be making a completed mock up with bones, so I can finalize the fit before I begin on the actual finished corset. We're heading off on a fabric hunting mission over the weekend - exciting, I feel like I haven't been to a fabric store in way too long!


Now onto 'Flossing'.....

I've made a few flossing samplers as I'm super keen to make a corset with lots of flossing detail at some stage over this coming year.


My lovely stock pile of coloured cottons at the ready for further experiments and samples......


*NOTE:- a rather handy tip via Alexis Black from 'ElectraDesigns' which I received after I posted this to my facebook 'try running your floss through beeswax, then passing it under a hot iron before flossing. It will reduce the fuzziness and make it more manageable.' Looks like I might be doing some more sampling :)

No comments: